Meringues are easy to make for a special dessert. Try them and you'll see that our berry meringues are just heavenly!
Meringues are perfect for experienced and beginners. Easy to make, meringues will impress everyone. Chewy in the middle and crunchy on the outside, that's the perfect texture for meringues.
When mixed with dark chocolate and berry powder, you'll see family and friends go nuts for them so make sure you have the time to grab some and enjoy them!
Ultimate Berry Meringues
Makes 16-20 meringues
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 250 g caster sugar
- 200 g melted dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons Berry Powder
- Add a pinch of salt before beating the egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites on medium speed until the fluffy mixture stands up in stiff peaks.
- Turn the speed up and add the sugar in small amounts while continuing to beat.
- Preheat the oven to 120°C.
- Install a 1 cm plain nozzle on a piping bag. Fill the piping bag with the meringue mixture.
- Press and form 5 cm meringues on a baking sheet previously covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes to 1 hour at 120°C. Caution: do not set a higher temperature because the meringues could then turn brown.
- After 30 minutes, we obtain white and fluffy meringues. After 1 hour, you get pale meringues, crunchy and melting with a soft center.
- Gently remove the meringues as soon as they come out of the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Dip the bottom of the meringues in the melted chocolate.
- Dip the bottom of the meringues in Berry Powder or crushed Freeze-Dried Berries
- Leave on a baking sheet until the chocolate-berry mixture has dried.