You'll be surprised by the amazing combo between wild blueberry and olive oil!
This easy blueberry-olive oil cake is not dry and not fudgy - it’s perfectly moist while still being fluffy and it keeps fresh for a few days, thanks to the olive oil! It's a perfect cake for every occasion.
Always use organic lemons for the lemon zest.
This blueberry cake keeps well covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Blueberry Olive Oil Cake
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml sugar
- 250 ml milk
- 200 ml mild cold-pressed olive oil
- 600 ml flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons Organic Wild Blueberry Powder
- 1 grated lemon zest
- 25 g Dried Organic Wild Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed for about 7-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and turned a very pale yellow.
- Mix milk and olive oil together in a bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients, including Organic Wild Blueberry Powder, together in another bowl.
- While carefully mixing with a whisk, alternate between adding the milk-olive oil mixture and the dry ingredients to the egg-sugar foam.
- Once smooth and well combined, add the grated lemon zest and Dried Organic Wild Blueberries into the mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake pan (approximately 22-24 cm diameter). Bake for about 45 minutes until knife inserted in cake comes out dry. Baking times vary, so keep an eye on yours.
Original recipe by Kaisa Johansson.