Fresh from the freezer to the spoon, we've got this summer in a bowl!
Delicious home-made blueberry-blackcurrant ice cream is super tasty and has a vibrant 100% natural colour!
While you should leave the ice cream to freeze for at least 8 hours, preparing the ice cream itself is easy and takes only a few minutes.
No ice cream machine is required for this recipe.
The Organic Blue Berries Powder Mix is a perfect fit for this recipe. Containing wild blueberry, blackcurrant, crowberry and black chokeberry, it tastes wonderful and gives the ice cream its delicious purple colour.
Berry powders are super easy to use for ice cream. They give the ice cream its natural colour and taste. At the same time, berry powders are rich in dietary fibre, vitamins and trace elements so this sweet snack can even give you some health benefits!
Blueberry-Blackcurrant Ice Cream
- 5 dl cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- 1/2 dl glucose syrup
- 5 tablespoons Organic Blue Berries Powder Mix
- Cover a 1.5 litre bakeware dish with baking paper.
- Whip the cream fluffy.
- Add the vanilla sugar, condensed milk and glucose syrup to the cream.
- Mix the Organic Blue Berries Powder Mix into the mass and pour the mass into the bakeware dish.
- Cover the dish with clingfilm and leave to freeze for at least 8 hours.
Original recipe and photos by Biokia and Maria Rentola.