These energy balls are fantastic snacks! Gluten-free and vegan, berry powder makes them super tasty.
Energy balls are super simple to make. They are the perfect hiking snack and can be enjoyed for breakfast, a snack or dessert.
There are different types of energy balls. In the below recipe, we'll be focusing on date and fig-based energy balls with added berry powder.
You can use different berry powders to try different tastes and enjoy beautiful colours.
Organic Blackcurrant Powder has a strong, tart taste. Organic Wild Blueberry Powder has a sweet taste with a bit of acidity. Organic Yellow Berries Powder Mix has a quite fruity and sligthly sweet taste whereas Organic Red Berries Powder Mix has more tartness in its taste.
Berry Energy Balls
Makes 30-35 balls
- 100 g stoneless Medjool dates
- 100 g dried figs
- 75 g cashew nuts
- 60 g almond butter
- 2 tablespoons Organic Blackcurrant Powder
- Cut the dates and figs into smaller pieces.
- Add all ingredients, except berry powder to a blender or a food processor.
- If the dough seems way too crumbly, your dates might have been too dry. If that's the case, you can try adding a little water to the dough until the mixture is sticky enough to form into balls.
- Roll the balls in the berry powder and store them in the fridge. They will keep a couple of weeks.
Original recipe and picture Biokia.